The house may have been built by or for its first owner
Wm. R. Baker, an elected Boonville Public Administrator (1876-80).
In 1889 it served as a town house for Capt. Charles E. Leonard, the
wealthy and successful pedigree stock raiser and owner of Ravenswood Farm
located 10 miles southeast of Boonville. The
3 bays on the east are covered by an ornate two-story porch.
A frame balustrade above forms a porch for the second story entrance.
On the west is a hip roofed, one-story brick ell which appears to be
original. The residence sits on an
embankment with a concrete retaining wall and faces east onto 6th St.
At the northwest corner of the property is a large barn with a pent
addition to the south which is shared with 711 6th St.
Funding for this page was provided by Boonville Tourism Commission
This page was constructed by:
This site is listed on the National Register Historic Places.